Small Business Saturday is this Saturday, November 26th and it’s the perfect day to begin your holiday shopping without the big box chaos. Small Business Saturday is held every year after Thanksgiving, and it’s a good way to encourages us all to visit and shop at smaller stores and independent retailers located in our own community. So get a headstart on your holiday shopping, and check out our list of 21 awesome small, local Omaha businesses to find unique holiday gifts and surprises.
1. Scratch Baking Co - With a focus on artisan technique, local sourcing, and quality flavors, Scratch Baking Co. is a leader among the Omaha doughnut scene. All doughnuts are made fresh daily by hand, using only the best whole and natural ingredients. You can find them at various markets and pop-up events each week.
2. Scout Dry Goods - Scout buys and sells modern and vintage clothing and accessories straight from their fashionable well-traveled customers.
3. Wee Vintage Baby - A little bit of whimsy, vintage inspired, handmade goods for baby and kids. Shop exclusive textile designs for all your baby needs.
4. McLovin - Omaha's premier men’s clothing store bringing in leading national and international brands curated with current trends in mind that are just a few strides ahead of what you’re seeing everywhere else.
5. Artifact Bag Co. - Briefcases, totes, aprons, and products handmade in Omaha using the finest waxed canvas and leather.
6. EARTHENjoy - All EARTHENjoy pieces are original designs – hand cut, smoothed, and painted by the artist herself. Some pieces feature hand glazing or sgraffito technique made with a fine detail tool. Joy is committed to making her one-of-a-kind clay jewelry accessible to all.
7. Adagio Soap Products - Adagio Soap Products are handmade in small batches with great attention to quality. They use only the finest ingredients available including plant oils, botanicals, essential oils, and always organic when possible.
8. Spruce Interiors & Gifts - Sophisticated home decor with a distinct collection of gifts and personal accessories.
9. Elisabeth Space Jewelry - For a local, unique twist on jewelry, be sure to check out ElisabethSpace where every piece is designed and handmade using a mix of high-quality metals and stones.
10. Long Grain Furniture - Handmade wood furniture and accessories in Omaha. Long Grain Furniture creates heirloom-quality furniture with an innovative aesthetic for our time.
11. Hardy Coffee - Hardy Coffee beans are locally-roasted and served up at both Aromas coffeehouse locations in Omaha. They also provide a monthly subscription option that delivers 12 oz bags of Hardy Coffee favorites directly to your special someone’s doorstep.
12. Legends Comics & Coffee - Hybrid comic book/coffee shop with locally-roasted blends & classic phosphate sodas in many flavors.
13. Metta Handmade - Metta Handmade is a local small batch vegan soap and bodycare company.
14. House of J - When you need a personal touch, House of J offers fabulous wares of gifts and cards. The shop to visit to ensure you get the best commemorative trinkets in Omaha.
15. Benson Soap Mill - Benson Soap Mill, where two locals are whipping up handcrafted soaps in small batches from local sources and recycled ingredients.
16. Hello Holiday - Offers a curated collection of women's apparel, accessories, and home goods from around the world.
17. Borrow For Your Bump - One-stop-shop for anything maternity. Shop casual items, borrow formal wear for events, style with the Bump Love Club boxes.
18. Black Iris Botanicals - Black Iris Botanicals offers a line of wellness products are clean, natural, and meant to nourish the body as well as adorn it. Each product has a carefully conceived recipe made from raw ingredients from local growers, fields, and forests.
19. Wax Buffalo - Wax Buffalo's pure soy, hand-poured candles are made with high-quality essential and fragrance oils, come in a range of scents, and are packaged in beautiful jars.
20. The Bookworm - An independent family-owned bookstore featuring knowledge, service, and fantastic books.
21. Found: Vintage Market - Omaha’s biggest and best home accent store. If you love rustic, reclaimed and repurposed, this is the place to go!
BONUS! Zinnia Flowers - If you want to gift someone fresh flowers, you shouldn’t have to feel overwhelmed by pages of options and tacky add-ons from nationwide flower delivery websites. We offer a curated selection of unique arrangements handcrafted by local Omaha florists. All of our arrangements are wrapped in burlap with a handwritten message and delivery is available across the Omaha metro area.
Receive 20% all flower orders starting this Friday, November 25 - Monday, November 28 with coupon code "GIVETHANKS" at check out!
Don’t forget to stop by your favorite local Omaha businesses this Saturday, November 26th to celebrate Small Business Saturday and support the people who make Omaha such a wonderful place! Have any other local favorites to add to our list? Share them with us in the comments.